I pulled up my pinterest today and a recipe came up that really worked my nerves… Cajun Chicken Pasta. It was suppose to be a copycat recipe from a menu item that Chili’s once served or something
The only spices listed were salt and pepper….
Not a cayenne pepper or a red pepper flake. NOTHING! At the very least they could shook some of that Tony ChaChaSlide on there. Just throw the whole recipe away. It really grinds my gears that anytime a recipe has a lot of different seasoning in it then it’s considered ‘Cajun’. Uhhhh no! Stop that! Stop it right now!
So I decided to make a real cajun pasta just to make myself feel better. I’m probably a little bit irritated already because I am coming to terms with the fact that I birthed a giant… a Real Life Giant. My son is in 6month clothes and he is only 2mos old. Not even officially 2 months yet actually. I have had to pack up all of his Newborn, 0-3mos and now officially 3mos clothing. We are barely hanging on to the 3-6mos and dipping our toes in 6mos. This is ridiculous. I bought him 3-6mos clothing on Saturday that are already tight and in a flood. Like literally I’m just putting them on him to say I did it.
I’m frustrated. How fast is he going to grow when he starts eating real food? I can’t deal. I’m just going to wrap him in a blanket and carry him around in a manger. If it’s good enough for my Lord and Savior then it’s good enough for him.
I was told he was long in the womb so this is only a surprise to my wallet. We are doing our best to catch up while not wasting money on clothes he will only wear for a few weeks. Don’t judge us is you see him in a what looks like a Romper… It used to be a onesie sleeper.
Back to Cajun Chicken Pasta…
This is a good weeknight recipe… Super fast and easy.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of broccoli chopped
- 1 c mushromm sliced
- 2 cup heavy cream, or more, to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup of smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Sear your chicken on both sides with about 1tb of oil to make sure you get some good color. About 2-3 min on both sides over medium high heat. Remove and set aside
- Then take your broccoli, mushroom, and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add your heavy cream and stir
- Add grated parmesan cheese and smoked gouda. Stir to make sure it melts into the cream
- Turn heat to low and let simmer for about 10 min and stir to make sure the cream doesn’t stick.
- Chop your chicken and add back to the pan so it can cook all the way through
- Cook pasta as the package directs.
- Add bacon, pasta and diced tomato. Extra cheese if you feel inclined.
- That’s it… you’re done.
Like I always say…. Taste your food. This recipe is just a guide and only you know how you like to eat your food. And if you want to make your own cajun seasoning blend HERE is a good one.